Select, define, clarify and investigate a real problem from work.
Clarify problem situations and define problems as gaps in performance.
Visualize work processes and focus on the problems in work methods that are affecting performance.
Investigate and confirm underlying causes and analyze barriers to improvement.
Identify, evaluate and lead in selection of corrective actions
Lead planning and execution of corrective actions and follow-up to confirm results and reflect for organizational learning
- 14 hours of live, online interaction
- Feedback from facilitators and peers
- Assignments between live sessions to begin applying the lessons and complete your A3
- Opportunities to practice discrete skills with live feedback
- completion of the problem situation/current situation section;
- completion of the analysis section and whole left side;
- creation of recommended countermeasures and an implementation plan at the start of the right side.
Personal coaching gives you individual "just-in-time" assistance on your challenges in a private, completely safe online space to share and ask questions.Plus, you’ll learn from one of the foremost A3 coaches in the country. David is a former manager of human resource development for Toyota manufacturing at the North American plant and HQ levels. During the 1990s, he led the creation of a series of A3 and plan-do-check-act training programs for North American Toyota and served as master trainer. One-on-one coaching with David will increase your professional skills and value to the company. And all three sessions are only $499.
|Session 1 – Live Class||• PDCA & A3 process
• Pick a problem
|Session 2 – Live Class||• Grasp Current State
• Performance and work standards
• Performance gaps
|Session 3 – Live Class||• Visualize work flow
• Problem breakdown
• Target state
|Optional one-on-one coaching||Review problem situation of A3.|
|Session 4 – Live Class||• Cause effect
• True cause
• Rapid learning experiments
|Optional one-on-one coaching||Review Analysis section of A3
|Session 5 – Live Class||• Left side A3 review
• Identify countermeasures
|Optional one-on-one coaching||Review countermeasures and planning section of A3
|Session 6 – Live Class||• Propose countermeasures
• Agree on a plan
|Session 7 – Live Class||• Execution & follow through
• Self assessment
- Managers, supervisors or executives who want to develop the structured problem-solving, hypothesis-testing, and fact-based, decision-making skills of teams
- Continuous improvement or change management professionals involved in leading major change improvement initiatives
- HR professionals who wish to develop a curriculum and teach introduce structured problem solving and fact-based decision-making skills within their organization
|2+ students||$1,050.00 each|
Please click here to run through our technology check before registering for this course.
- Communication Channel: All our documents and assignments will be hosted on a browser-based platform. By logging onto our e-learning website you will be able to view all related materials, announcements, and zoom links.
- Zoom: We will host our live meetings on zoom. You will receive an invitation with the meeting link.
You can cancel your registration for online/live-streaming workshops at any time prior to the first workshop session for a full refund. Once you have attended a workshop session, you cannot cancel your registration. To cancel please call LEI at (617) 871-2900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.