In this in-depth workshop taught live and online by experienced coaches, you’ll learn a proven and holistic development framework that aligns the entire enterprise to accelerate time to market, reduce design rework, reduce development team frustration, and deliver what the customer wants and needs in a new product or service.
Stop struggling. In Designing the Future: A Lean Product Development Immersive Learning Experience, experienced coaches will introduce you to the powerful framework of Lean Product and Process Development (LPPD) to create the foundation for a robust innovation system.
Understand the LPPD guiding principles by applying them in a simulated product development process.
Align the organization on what the product must be for both the customer and the business.
Manage development work visually in an obeya room for effective and timely collaboration.
Apply methods for understanding the customer’s experience and needs so you and your team can create products or services that they will love.
Understand how LPPD processes and tools enable people to achieve their full potential.
Create a plan to improve your development system.
Position yourself for further success by acquiring new skills and practical insights from expert coaches, case studies of different industries, and the perspectives of fellow attendees.
You and your team will receive 12.5 hours of in-depth instruction, conveniently broken up into five two and a half hour sessions over a week,
All classes run 11:00 am to 1:30 pm EDT
- Monday, November 8, 2021
- Tuesday, November 9, 2021
- Wednesday, November 10, 2021
- Thursday, November 11, 2021
- Friday, November 12, 2021
- Practitioners who develop products or services across all industries.
- Since LPPD is an enterprise activity, managers, leaders, and continuous improvement agents in an organization are encouraged to attend.
Katrina Appell, PhD
Katrina has over 15 years of coaching, facilitating, training, and team development experience. She is passionate about supporting organizations in improvement and transformation. Katrina's doctoral research studied the effectiveness of different methods of putting lean product and process development principles into practice. Katrina has coached many organizations in lean product and process development including Whirlpool, TechnipFMC, US Synthetic, Pole/Zero, Cummins, and Caterpillar.
John Drogosz, PhD
John has over 20 years of lean manufacturing, product development, and -shop-floor experience. As a vice president at Liker Lean Advisors, he has led lean transformations in numerous companies and industries including Northrop Grumman, Johnson Controls, Areva, Peugeot-Citroen, Tenneco, Eaton, Hertz, Schlumberger, Harley-Davidson, Embraer, and Caterpillar.
- Communication Channel: We host all our documents and assignments on a browser-based platform. To view all course materials, get announcements, and access zoom links, log onto the e-learning website. We recommend using the latest version of theGoogle Chrome browser when accessing the e-learning website.
- Zoom: We will host our live meetings on zoom. You will receive an invitation with the meeting link.
You can cancel your registration for online/live-streaming workshops two weeks before the course’s start date for a full refund. A cancellation occurring within two weeks of the workshop dates will be subject to a $350 fee. Once you have attended a workshop session, you cannot cancel your registration. To cancel, please call LEI at (617) 871-2900 or email email@example.com.